We are looking for an experienced Finance Manager to undertake the responsibility as finance manager in a major specialized retail chain during a maternity leave period of 9-12 months.
Our customer is an internationally owned specialized retail chain with around 80 outlets in Denmark plus Internet sales. The chain has existed for more than 40 years, in recent years under international ownership. The chain was recently acquired by a new international owner and will in the coming months go through an integration but will continue as an independent operation. The Finance Manager who is reporting to the Finance Director (CFO) will soon go on maternity leave and the company has decided to engage an experienced interim manager to undertake the responsibility during her absence.
The objective is to ensure a professional and efficient day-to-day management of the part of the finance department, which is the responsibility of the Finance Manager, including:
- Timely and correct reporting, internal as well as external
- Prepare monthly management report and improve the reporting
- Implement reporting in a new consolidation tool in cooperation with the foreign owner
- Support to the business with financial data etc. which meet the requirements and expectations of the business
- Contribute to developing efficient and improved reporting systems and procedures to the extent required by the new ownership
- Contribute in general to continuous improvement of the systems and processes of the Finance Department, including digitalization
- Contribute to the planning of the change to a new ERP-system (Dynamics365)
We are looking for an experienced Finance Manager with documented good results from management of similar assignments. The right candidate must fully understand the challenges and complexities involved and have a pragmatic approach and be ready to work hands-on:
- Minimum 8 years’ experience from working as Finance Manager/Chief Accountant
- Experience from trading companies.
- Experience from working in international companies.
- Strong accountancy and finance management skills with a good toolbox.
- Good experience with statutory reporting.
- Experience with management reporting to local management as well as to corporate headquarters.
- Experience with developing and implementing efficient processes and procedures within finance management.
- Good knowledge of or experience with Danish accountancy standards as well as IFRS.
- People management experience and skills
- Good general IT competencies – in particular strong Excel competences and experience. Experience with ERP systems (AX and/or Dynamics365)
Fluent English, verbally as well as written as company language is English.
Starting date: First week of September
Duration: 9-12 months with possible extension
Location: Greater Copenhagen
If you are interested send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. When you declare interest in this opportunity, please motivate briefly your interest based on competences which matches above profile.